28 November 2010

Test 1 Day 4

When I said after day one that I had been dreading "total awfulness", I specifically meant, according to my notes, "toothless bowling, England spanking out boundaries". Should I have spelled that out and thus averted the dread's fulfillment?

I have been in bed with a cold the last couple of days and have a dim enough view of the world as it is. Shane Watson told Quentin Hull he thought Australia's bowling performance was "solid". Well, it was certainly back-to-back something. From my imperious position propped up among the pillows that something was "boring". Especially since it was all a rerun of the previous day with the two sides changing places, up to and including dropped outfield catches from hapless brown-haired fast bowlers. Is it Mitch or the pitch?

Play up young men! Amuse me! And so to bed.

7 comments:

  1. Evening Batsy. As an after-dinner pick-me-up I'd recommend Nassar Hussain dropping a chair on David Gower's foot. 16 years of English failure right there in one plummy yelp.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhV30ozQ_Ls

    Bat on,

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Play up old men! Well done. I am amused. B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think this batch of Australian young men could amuse you in bed or anywhere else. (The Haus would at least put in a bit of effort, but overall a total lack of imagination.) My optimism of day three now seems so stupid.
    Yours,
    Deeply Depressed of Brunswick

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also deeply depressed. At least batting collapses are over quickly. Bowing funks on the other hand... B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice straight bat to my attempted salaciousness, Batsy!
    DD of B

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not Oh Errol round here you know!

    OK, my real first thought to your comment was "Oh I don't know about that". Then the attempt to work out what the analogy in the bedroom was to a performance both ineffective and unending... well, as I said, one prefers the batting collapse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfectly executed front-foot defensive shot to my bit of speculative rubbish outside the off-stump. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete