22 August 2013

A little more conversation

I was dozing on the couch last night during the tea break, and BBC radio seemed to be playing an episode of Life Matters in which Mickey Arthur was "in conversation with" a Kleenex-soft interviewer about journeys, journeys, and growing the players as people. 

I don't know, Mickey. I was impressed with you at the post-sacking press-conference, still with you when you said you were taking Cricket Australia to court, and I didn't think there was anything so scandalous about your interview on Tuesday. But you're kind of losing me now, Mickey, and when you realise that your loss is Shane Watson's gain, you get a sense of how big a moment that is in my own personal "journey". I think you might be a bit smitten with people being so interested in what you have to say, and the more you say, the less convinced I am about your coaching style. 

Jim Maxwell muttered something about "control freakish" when TMS got back to the commentary, and that's just it with touchy-feeliness: it's as much a disciplinary regime as ice baths and laps of the oval, but a whole lot more intrusive because it keeps trying to touch you and feel you.

On your way, journey man.

P.S. Having just caught up with Darren Lehmann's latest shenanigans, I'm rather losing the love there as well. Firstly, that walking incident is so old and I can smell the sour grapes (verjuice?) from here. Secondly, it's not funny to ask people to gang up on someone, and thirdly, egging the crowd on in that way is a bit like the bloke in the band who pleads with the audience to dance - "come on, guys, get moving!" I'll do it when I feel like it and you can't make me feel it if I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment