29 December 2010

I blame Shane Watson, obviously. When you are averaging around 50 and everyone around you is failing, are you a blessed stalwart of the top order or are you in fact its cursed hoodoo?

I also only just realised Justin Langer is Australia's batting coach. Just the other day - the first day of this Test - I was wondering what message they'd be getting in the change rooms and hoping it would be more along the Ian Chapell lines of "get it together or we're stuffed" than the Power of Passion lines of "you know you can do it, back yourself and think of the Baggy Green, etc etc". So: hmm.

P.S. Katich trained at my local oval yesterday. Must I be everywhere?

3 comments:

  1. Mitchell Johnson's talentless twin29 December, 2010 21:50

    Going by the brow-rubbing after the Hughes run-out, I think even Shane Watson blames Shane Watson.

    How was the Kat looking? Does he know things haven't been going well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Batsy.
    Another entire post without reference to willow-wielders, leather-flingers or flibbertigibbets.
    Yours disappointedly,
    P. Roebuck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mitchell Johnson's Talentless Twin: Unfortunately I missed Katich, that was the bitter subtext of my remark, perhaps too well hidden.

    Peter: I saw your flibbertigibbet the other day. Boom boom.

    Love, B.

    ReplyDelete